Tuesday, January 6, 2009

160 BPM

Bump Heart rate is still pumping at 160 bpm. Went to KP yesterday and found out that Bump has what is referred to as a Chorid Plexus Cyst (CPC) on the brain. The doctor and the geneticist state its completely normal to find in fetuses and some adults have it. Its more prevent now because of the level of detail in the ultra sound. I was taken by surprise but the doctor stated that they only found one and it might go away on its own or can stay and not cause any birth defects or effect in adult hood. I did the triple screen yesterday too because I didn't get a chance to do the second half of the first trimester screening. To completely make sure that Bump doesn't have the Trisomy 18 which is an extra copy of the chromosome number 18 which can cause birth defects. But because of my age and because there was only one so hopefully its not going to effect bumpy that much. I have a test an amniocentesis that will give Bump an 100% ok bill of health but its a big needle and because of my age I don't really need at the moment. But if the triple screen states that I am a carrier I am going to have it just to make sure there is no doubt about it that bump doesn't have it.

Also I found out that an eye condition from Hubby's Dad might be carried through to Bump and it might get bad eye site and its down hill till age 65 or more.

I am also going to get blood work done to see if the learning disabilities I have might get carried to Bumpy. I am going to get Bumpy tested any way when its born because I don't want them to become frustrated with school and become something that they didn't want to become. I some times have those thoughts about what I would have done if I was tested earlier.

Sorry this is long and some what concern but needed to state what has happened. Though it looks like Bump is going to be fine and because its growing right on time and not showing any of the signs that it is in any harm. So the doctors just want to make sure and its good to have that level of concern.

Pictures I promise will come as soon as I can get my room aired out. Still having the quiseys with certen smells.

No comments: