Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not posted in a while

Sorry about the long delay in the posts. Wednesday I felt all crappy because of morning sickness woot. And Here is what happened Thursday into Friday:

Thursday morning, woke up and threw up my morning miso soup, the previous day I had thrown up the snap crackle pop in the front of the building and next to my car. Back to Thursday, I had appearly popped a blood vessel in my eye the right one because every one was asking about it when I got to work. I didn't notice it because I rarely look into a mirror after I throw up. Felt tired all day and then went to SIL's home to help "The Boy's" with the new ipod shuffle we gave the nephew for his birthday. Stayed there till around 5 or so because the power was off and I was feeling tired and didn't want to get stuck in traffic and needed to feed the cats we have at home.

Hubby came home around the usual time and was getting ready for bed around 8:30 when I went potty and saw some spotting down there; I was very scared. Cramps the MDO had stated were normal, any spotting was not. So I told hubby we needed to go ER. He was very deer in the headlights and went to auto pilot mode. He and I debated for a few seconds of what hospital to go to because we are in between S-SF and Redwood City and I didn't want to go to General and then be taken by ambulance to a Kaiser that I should have gone to in the first place.

Got to S-SF Kaiser about 9:15ish and placed my name to be seen. An hour and 15 mins later we were called back and asked why we were here and I explained that I was worried that I was having a miscarriage because I was spotting around 8:30. The nurse took my BP and temp and told me to register and then paid my ER visit co-pay and went to wait again in the waiting room. 11pm came and around and at 11:30 we were told to come in. I was taken to a private room and told to disrobe to nothing and to put a gown on and pee in a cup, then was stuck with a two way needle, the ER nurse that did it put it in and guess had some gauze stuck in the valve part because there was a slight spill and she had to undue the valve a smige to get the gauze out. After that blood was drawn and then was told I was going to get IV fluids and then get checked. I was placed on the monitor and every 15 minutes my arm was squeezed and hear the constant beep of my heart rate.

Every so often Hubby got a look at the time because he hadn't slept either and we wondered when we were going to leave. It was around 1 am when the first bag of fluid started to drain and I needed to pee. The nurse unhooked me and went potty. I got back to see hubby had placed the heart monitor on his finger and stated that he got his heart beat to 56 BPM. Thought that was impressive. My BMP hovered around 67 the lowest I could get it. Hubby wanted me to get some sleep so after the second bag was attached, after the connections broke lose and caused a little spill on the bed and was given warm blankets, and Hubby was seated more comfortably and next to the gurney, I tried to get into a comfortable spot and went to sleep for an hour and a half. Hubby at the end of my sleep was keeping an eye out for the fluids in the IV as the nurse stated to actually harm me by air in the tube it would have to be the whole tube of air. He delayed calling the nurse because I guess my body had enough liquid and was more slowly taking in the fluid.

After that was unhooked it took another hour or two before the doctor came in and said that they didn't have a sonagram or any tech on call or any equipment to see the baby inside of me. For that I would have to see the OB person or have went to SF or Redwood City. Me and Hubby were like Great! because we thought all Kaiser's had the facilities to at least the ER stocked with all the equipment for emergency's at least. But they didn't and it enlightened Hubby of why SIL went to SF instead of this one for the nephew to be born.

The MD said my beta results were right were they expected them to be when she did finally get to see me and stated that every thing looked great and since I wasn't bleeding out there wasn't too much she could do. She took some more samples to see if everything was in the right levels and then left. Around 4:30 am we were told to go to a different room because it was their only OB GYN bed and I guess they were in need of it for some one else. I moved and was given fresh warm blankets and at 5 the doctor said there were a few white blood cells around but she would want me to contact my OB to get a sonagram image of how Bump was developed at this stage. I was discharged and got to put on my clothes again and went home. Only to turn around and go to work. I did get a note from the MD stating that I could stay home but I had taken Monday off and it didn't feel like using PTO again for an excused absence. Plus it was halloween so I didn't want to miss the first halloween at work for me. And if I needed to go home early I would have a note that I could.

2:30pm and went directly home. Hubby was there and he stated that his work sent him home because they saw how tired he was and asked him why he came to work as well. At 2:45 I asked for Pho and took a long nap. We both woke up about 6:30 and was wondering if it was AM or PM. It turned out to be the same day PM and Hubby got Pho for me and a buritto for him. Around 9pm as Hubby tells me I was out on the chouch and then sent me off to bed.

Woke up today a little bit tired but feeling much better that Thurs-iday and happy that I have bump safe and sound. And this is in the history books. And no more trips to S-SF Kaiser ER!

No comments: