Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A letter to Bumpy

Dear Bumpy, AC/DC, and LBJ,

Yes, its true that you have more nicknames now than you will have when you are born. Bump - My nickname was something that really had no meaning, a place holder until I saw you on the ultra sound and saw your heart beat. Your father stated "On a Log" as we were sitting in In&Out discussing if you were real or was it just my wishful thinking that I got the first positive on the pee stick. Then you became Bumpy as my tummy grew and you grew in my heart.

LBJ, Little Bundle of Joy, or Lindon B Johnson (inside joke, you'll understand when you are in school learning about the presidents). Is what your grandmother gave you, I was needless to say upset that first she started calling you Little Angel, its only because people on the net and in real life call the unborn little ones that don't make it angels. I didn't want that bad mojo around you. She fortunately stated that she is going to call you Little Bundle of Joy, LBJ for short. And that makes me smile because of what I stated before.

AC/DC are your initials and the name of a rock band and some brain teasers for the people who want to say "what kind of name is that for a baby?" Also its Alternate Current/Direct Current. AC is what daddy named you so be mad at him if you don't like the name or the initials. DC is what mommy named you so you can't be mad at me, but if you choose to at age 18, you can pay for the name change at City Hall and then we will call you by that name after that.

A funny thing happened the other day when I was sitting on the floor, Bindi was playing with my legs and trying to play with you. Your cat siblings are really looking forward to having you around! Puma still might be gay for daddy (another inside joke, that you will learn all too soon)but I hope Bindi will be better and love you as well! She sure wants to play with you now. And she Purrs to my tummy so I won't be surprised when you want to be a cat for make believe time.

Just remember when you are older that I will always have you in my head as the first child that came out of me and if I treat you like a two year old its only because I care.

So now as you are punching my tummy, it is time for food and some time away from this computer and I think I will write something tomorrow.

TTFN
Love,
Mommy

No comments: