Sunday, February 15, 2009

Staying home for a week MD's orders

Well I tried to survive last week at work with my back the way it is since the auto accident, each day getting progressively sleeper and in pain for most of it. I tried making appointments with my PCP but of course because I don't have a car or a unlimited cash fund for a taxi I couldn't make it till Friday. So I am at home this week and because I need to see the Physical Therapist and my PCP again to evaluate me to see if one week will be enough time off of work to recover at least some mobility so I can drive (which I don't think so but PCP may have other ideas and opinions.

Happy Valentines day! Me and Hubby did something real special for the Grand parents but until I can send the cards out I can't say what we did. But it is very nice and we put a lot of thought in to the cards.

This week marks the 24th week of Bumpy's residency in side my womb. It also means if the MD's need to get Bumpy out it will be at better odds to survive on its own, all be it a premie and in the NICU for a while, but we are hoping for the best case where it comes out in a little over 15 weeks from now. Surreal. Its been kicking me and punching me most of the time so its getting ready for the big day.

I got a lot of yarn from Hubby's mom this past week. Its a multi colored kind that I made a few scarfs out of last winter when we went to see his mom last winter. I will post the finished blanket when it is done. It might not be done till May or even June, but its going to be something that is very nice and I think Bumpy will love it. I have a quilt that was made by me, hubby, SIL and Ivy, but mostly everyone is going to say it was made with love by mommy. It was my idea to make a patchwork quilt with squares of Winnie the Pooh fabric, but after I cut the pieces, and started to pin it to where I would like it, I saw that they pre-made some quilt fabric I was ticked because I would have had to do is sew the backing on and been done a lot sooner. Mostly I like mine better and I think Bumpy will like it too.

No comments: