Thursday, February 26, 2009

A very busy weekend for us and hubby

Well as the kitties snore in sound sleep and bumpy is chill'in in the deep dark cavern that is my uterus, hubby was looking forward to a blissful weekend of a Honey-take-me (fill in the blank) and Wonder-con and a baby show (that was one of the take me places.) but he was going to have Wonder-con Saturday since the baby show is also on Sunday. But I need to go to the hospital's lab and take the glucose tolerance test that is the hour long wait. I was thinking he could sit with me and after put me on the train to at least come close to the house and walk home. And he would have an uninterrupted day at Wonder-con, at least till he got fed up with the fan boys/girls and came home with some comic books and a few pens and then pass out on the couch.

But alas, the weekend was shanghaied by Hubby's BIL calling him asking for some help with the Nephew on Saturday. I suspect that Hubby's sister is going to wonder-con herself and didn't invite Hubby to go with her and her best friend because of my lack of transport, mobility (which is getting a lot better), just my fault.

I have decided to start taking my meds again which is a wise decision since I have been putting them off for over 1 1/2 trimesters. I was sick with morning sickness and because of the high risk of heart defects I wanted to wait till at least everything was A-OK with Bumpy before I took the plunge. I think now is good for that. Getting into the 3rd trimester everything is in place. 1 Strong heart, 2 kidneys, 1 liver, 1 tummy, the brains and the rest of the body parts are in place and kicking. I may have a little worry about the heart still but its been 6 months and green lighted so far. (Crosses my fingers and toes!)

Hubby's daddy gift comes today. It might cheer him up if I give it to him sooner rather than later and make him wear it on the day of my shower. MUAHAHAHA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

parimI say give hubby the gift now if you think it will cheer him up and if it is something to wear he can wear it to the baby shower.

LBJ's GM