Saturday, April 11, 2009

April 11, 19 more days to go

I forgot to mention yesterday that I got the cord blood kit. That made it more real than just washing baby clothes or getting the stroller. Which today I was inches away from buying.

Today was a lazy day and we went out to Fresh Choice for lunch. I felt like roughage and it was close to home. So to settle the tummy we went down town and to Lullabye Lane. I wanted to look at how much nursing bras and other things I would need after the shower, that I would think be too personal for some random person to pick up for me.

We go to look at the stroller and find out that they are having a buy the stroller and bassinet and the bassinet is 20% off. My mouth dropped and I was like I WANT it now. It is because the Orbit stroller does not have sales like this. The rep stated that it was very hard for the Orbit people to agree on the discount. We agreed! So here's the delima, due to the fact that the stroller (includes the car base and car seat) is expensive and the bassinet is a nice luctury. But with the discount its worth it. We can put 25% down now, that way if some one does have the means to put money on it we would have some of it paid so it wouldn't be too much. We have asked for gift cards for the place as we have babies r us and target for most of the baby's needs.

So its hard for me to wait for the next month as the offer will be gone, but the 20% off bassinet its very tempting to just buy them and pull the stroller and the bassinet from the reg. which means there is limited items (two) on the list. Or put the 25% off and make sure whom ever buys the stroller that we go with them so they don't have to pay 100% of the cost.

So while we were there I bought the "All weather pack" that is a rain shield and a mosquito net that fits over the car seat base and the bassinet because we are going to get the stroller no matter what. The bassinet would be a nice addition for travel and around the home so there is no pack'nplay to tote around.

I also got the Baby Shower Invites! AWSOME! They were very sweet and I couldn't ask for any thing nicer. I'll scan the cover of one as soon as we get the printer up.

Along time ago in Feb. I sent out V-day cards to the Grand parents. And I stated when every one got it I would tell what I did. What I did was get Hallmark recordable cards and put the heart beat of Bumpy in the 10 seconds that they allowed before the music started. So Every one got what I wrote except for the MN grand parents but not knowing what a baby's heartbeat sounded like I forgave them! :) They know now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you both have weighed the pros and cons regarding the Blood Cord Bank -- but I found it unsettling that the procedure could put the mother and/or baby at risk:
QUOTE (from website explaining Blood Cord Bank):
"The risks to the health of the mother and baby at the time of collection are low, but they do exist. Clamping the umbilical cord too soon after birth may increase the amount of collected blood, but it could cause the baby to have a lower blood volume and possible anemia soon after birth.

There has been little experience with transplanting self-donated cells. Some experts are concerned that an ill baby who receives his or her own stem cells during a transplant would be prone to a repeat of the same disease. Most of the bone marrow transplants that use blood-forming stem cells have been performed on relatives of the donating child, not on the donating child." UNQUOTE

Just worried. Can't help it. love, Nancy