Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16, 14 more days to go

April sucks. I was happy yesterday because I did a really good job on a special project at work, got to eat at Red Lobster for the first time (cocktail sauce is mehh) and got hubby's tax return off by 8pm, went to bed, woke up and went to work. While driving the rental to work I was cleaning off the windshield with the wipers and saw that there was something different about the windshield. Some how during the night it got hit and I called hubby right away. He confirmed it was cracked and BAM! There goes my good day. Now I have to go back to the rental place and try to get them to help me. Me and Bumpy are fine. Just wish this would have happened some time other than this month or to me.-Update- Went to the car rental place after work and they were like "It happens all the time" especially with the high winds that were blowing for the last two days, still kind of windy now. So I paid $140 for the windshield and have a new rental car for the next day and a half. Its a Ford Escape. Not really liking this car but it will get me from Point A-B and back so can't pick and choose. At least they knocked off the GPS rental fee (its around the same price for the 6 days $130-ish for GPS that I didn't need in the first place). But the guy was nice and when he saw the car, he thought the same thing that maybe a tree branch or random junk from some where hit the car.

No comments: