Thursday, May 14, 2009

1st Wedding Anniversary and a Bun in the Oven

I feel sad. Its our first wedding anniversary tomorrow and I have no gift to give. MIL under cut me with the Mom gift she gave Hubby when she saw him last week. I know it wasn't intentional but I was stringing him along so that I could get it when I had access to a car. Which now is very rare occurrence. I am so glad that I was able to find the card that I bought last year (as a 0 day card which now came in very useful), but there really isn't a Hubby must have gift any more. I got his B-Day present 3 months late and when I talked to him about other things he might want, he states that they are delayed or too expensive right now and I should wait for X-Mas when I have more saved from working FT again. I know in my belly there is something baking that might or might not come out today or tomorrow or for 3 more weeks, that is more important than a manufactured item I could give him, but it was still a bit disappointing when MIL handed him what he has been asking for and then stated later that I could buy the runner up if something brakes on the item.

On another note BIL sent us a few nice shower gifts. The Baby monitor, Rock-a-bye Baby The Ramon's in lullaby form, and a sock lion from a shop up in OR. It was very nice of them and Hubby got to open the presents up this time. He even asked me if I wanted to unwrap something but I am in post shower over wrap so I let him do it, this time.

No comments: