Sunday, May 24, 2009

Swollen

I think I have more of the pregnancy symptoms in the last week, week and a half than this whole pregnancy. My hands now look like they have Hot dogs attached and my feet are swollen and are sensitive as I walk just on carpet. The thing is, I have been drinking more water in the last two weeks to combat this but does my body listen NO.

I am 10 days from my due date, which is good and bad at this stage in the game because at 22 weeks when I was scared to death that I or the baby might not make it this far I gave it orders not to come out till June 3rd. I guess it listened and now I am struggling to hold my anticipation with each Braxton Hicks contraction (some feel more real to me then others now *good sign?*) that this one or the next could send me to the hospital. It doesn't help that the baby heart beat monitor that was bought 20+ weeks ago doesn't actually pick up anything besides my own sounds. See Hubby when I wanted the $115 Doppler to get accurate results you said $20 bucks is good enough and we will get it next time... Oh yes we will!

Hubby is sleeping and so are the cats. Bindi is snuggled on my lap with the blanket folded over her and Puma is next to his feet sleeping after waking hubby up at the usual time for breakfast. I am sitting in the half rearranged living room and its 75% clutter free. Most of it is Storage bound and baby items that are going to be moved in the bedroom once the day is done, proclaims hubby, but seeing that the baby's things are going to be like the cat toy's, all strewn around until it learns to pick up after it self. Unlike the cats who only pick up certain items.

No comments: