Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A long recap of 200+ days of the belly

In September of last year me and Hubby were TTC and just for the hell of it I POAS (EPT Digital) and it read Pregnant +. It was in the morning and I was getting ready for work and Hubby was fixing me breakfast. I ran to him and showed him. He was in a state of shock and stated that it could be a faulty one and we didn't do much celebrating till I got another pregnancy test and that was + as well, as it was the next day. The nickname that I felt the most comfortable with was Bump (onalog) because I didn't know if it was going to stick and I didn't want to get attached if it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. But I was very happy and so was Hubby! I had to email my OB saying I didn't need the tests that she scheduled for me and scheduled a PN visit in October.

October was a heck month, I started to have morning sickness at 6 weeks 5 days, I think a day or two before the first appointment. I was worried/happy that I didn't have the Morning Sickness and then it came with a force. I saw the Single baby as it floated on the tether that is the umbilical cord in side of me. I never experienced a high like I did that day when I saw the little spot that would become an actual person in a few months. I wondered at this point if my mother felt the same way when she knew I existed in her womb. I couldn't ask because she passed away in 07. That was a sad moment of realization for me. Not only for me but my unborn child won't know and have a maternal grandmother. I have a wonder of extended family but a few blood relations that I have known off and on for all of my life. But as the saying goes on ward and forward! That is what I did, and Halloween Eve, three weeks later, there was a scare. I was spotting Brown blood and I know now that it was old blood but as a first time pregnant lady I was scared and went to the only KP Hospital in our area that had no L&D floor. It was not till we got there and waited 4+ hours in the waiting room and some hrs later till the MD state that they had no Ultra Sound to see if the baby's HB was still beating. Me and Hubby were like "WHAT?!?!" Luckily as the 9.5 week U/S showed a baby able and willing to stick by me.

November was the first of a few months with the "I only want to eat mashed potatoes". As the morning sickness hunkered in, like it was a bad house guest that over stays their welcome, I was only able to eat lunch and a few food items, luckily for me Miso soup was on the non-morning sickness list for the Bump as I was starting to show a tad at this point. At twelve weeks, it was Thanksgiving and I was giving thanks for at least a happy and so far healthy pregnancy as some of the first trimester people posted that they lost their June babies and new people posted that they were going to have July babies. I though of my self and my mother again as she would have been in the late June group with me 29 yrs ago (I did come a week late as as a baby my EDD was June 26, so July 3rd back in '79) as I am coming on my 30th birthday this year. We also told most of the family by the end of November and every one that was told was on cloud 9.

December came as a month that I was in the bouts of morning sickness day and night. My only light was to tell myself, or trick my self into thinking that Morning Sickness won't last for very much longer and as long as I was keeping some food down I was still feeding the growing bump inside of me. Though I was very tired and some what cranky at this point because the start of my second Trimester I didn't feel the blast of energy that most women feel and that I read about in books. I think it was because of the Morning Sickness but who knows. So Christmas came and I actually got to feel the first flutters of the baby. And my Hubby got to feel the punches and kicks as well.

January started off great. I was not throwing up as much. Every other day not every day. I got to see a more complete little one as the "Big" ultra sound took an hour of my time and as they were going down south I elected not to know if it was a boy baby or a girl baby. So she told me to look away and wrote it on the ultra sound picture and I have it but its in a sealed envelope till Bump comes out and then we can see if the Tech was correct. I kept reading on the posts that women were told that it was a girl and when they gave birth it was actually a boy. So I wasn't going to have that happen so I officially stayed "Team Green" to much of the disappointment of MIL and the rest of the family. By then they wanted to know names and me and hubby didn't want to change the names we decided on back in Aug. so we gave the initials out AC/DC (yes its a band, the electricity debate and a wacky coincidence) Hubby got to chose the Girl name (AC) I got to chose the Boy name (DC). Our names are connected with family and then some. We chose not to disclose them because of MIL's mother stated "What kind of name is that for a baby?!?" when MIL was deciding on names when Hubby was in her tummy.

February wasn't good at all. I was sick for the first two days due to the flu that was going around at work (Not the swine flu). Then I went to work on the 4th, rear ended and sandwiched between two trucks, I was stopped behind a truck turning left and another truck wasn't paying attention and hit me because "his brakes locked up" at 22 mph. I went to the ER again this time in a back brace and a cervical collar and wasn't seen for a while. My hubby got the call from the police on my phone and he said it was the scariest thing he had to deal with at that point in his life. I was 22 weeks and on the fetal monitor it showed only the HB and no contractions. I feared I was going to lose the baby at this point, but it wanted to be born and had fun with the nurses by playing hide and go seek (it would stay in one place and then it would move around for a few seconds then return to having it be monitored again). And I was out of work the next day (this time with an MD note). I went back to work the next week and I was out of work the following week. So for the rest of February I was in bed on OTC pain killers nothing too harsh though I took a few Class C pain killers to sleep on several nights. And moved into the third trimester.

March was Physical Therapy for my shoulder and back and stuck in an apartment that stank because the landlord "Fixed the potty" in Feb. and it was still broken and smelled like axle grease which never left the bathroom. So in Mid-March we moved to a one bedroom duplex (No upstairs and down stairs neighbors) 3 blocks from my work and shaved ten miles from Hubby's commute. Mostly it was to get out of the unsafe toxic zone that was the two bedroom place we were living in. I finally stopped throwing up around Mid-March. Mostly I wasn't in that apartment complex to make my head swim each day. I went back to work as well and I told the MD as she was asking if I was strong enough, it was better to go to work now or I would have had her write me out till I gave birth. For my sanity it was the best move at the time.

April, was making up and getting caught up on the work that was left to random people at work though it was simple when I left it. So having Pregnancy Brain, a thing in my tummy that was taking up space I needed to breath and eat, being stressed at work didn't make a good April. Though I never every liked April and the month has never liked me. I got through it and thanks to the little one it was made a little better.

May! The month that ushers in the 9th month of the baby and the less than 5 week wait for the birth! I am scared as I am 37 weeks+ because I have a lot of thoughts of what ifs and doubts that I will be closer to the child as I was never close to my mother. I know its a valid fear, but Hubby is stating that because its not in the back of my mind forgotten I won't turn into her. I hope he is right. I wish that I could see into the future and see a reality that is very hopeful but I can't and no one really can. It was also the month of my baby shower. As I have said before I got some awesome things that I will be using.

More to come but since this is a recap I hope you all read the days before to get a little more insight to what each day was about.

No comments: